Thursday, January 31, 2019

Windy & Carl - Live, Stormy Records, Dearborn, MI



Windy and Carl, that's the two responsible for this hypnotic melodic feedback squall. With a name like Windy and Carl you'd expect to find their music on the top of the charts in Salt Lake City. Alas what we have here is something I find truly special. I am familiar with the drone/noise genre...I cut my teeth on Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music on 8-track...some I find interesting while much is simply unimaginative, at least to my ears. Windy and Carl definitely do not belong in that latter category. Now I'm only going by about 20 minutes into the video I posted above along with a short sample from one of their albums on Spotify, but I'm very much enjoying their take on sonic mesmerizing.


...and such an unassuming couple. Seriously, you gotta love 'em.


WENDY & CARL'S WEBSITE

No comments:

Post a Comment